Interested in developing a health strategy with partnerships outside of your own sector? On August 8, 2019, speakers from Build Healthy Places Network, The CaseMade, and NeighborWorks America drew on their varied experience bridging the health and community development sectors. We discussed entry points, the motivations and perspectives that community development and health sectors each bring to their work, shared goals across sectors, and successful strategies to make your case for partnership. Hear from:
- Tim Bete, President, St. Mary Development Corporation
- Colleen Flynn, Director of National Programs, Build Healthy Places Network
- Dr. Tiffany Manuel, President and CEO, The Case Made
- Sarah Norman, Director of Healthy Homes and Communities, NeighborWorks America
This webinar served as a primer for the Closing the Life Expectancy Gap Symposium on August 21 in New Orleans.
Rewatch the Webinar
Check out these resources to learn more about the organization’s profiled in this webinar:
- Download the slide deck from this webinar.
- Background about the partnership between Nuestra and Boston Medical Center.
- The draft guidebook that the NeighborWorks Health Partnership Learning Community developed.
- A profile of funds that bring together health and community development investments to address social determinants of health.